Post by uglyvan Post by Spalls Hurgenson
On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 04:56:54 -0800 (PST), uglyvan
Post by uglyvan
roll one d6;
roll a second d6;
if both d6s roll the same number then stop Rolling dice;
as long as dice rolled bring different values, keep Rolling one die;
stop Rolling dice as soon as you get two similar values;
count the number of dice rolled;
it represents your stat Rank;
1st d6: 6
2nd d6: 3
3rd d6: 4
4th d6: 3
2nd d6 = 4th d6
4 dice rolled means you have a stat Rank of Good;
7 epic ( olympic )
the DnD score is 3 times the stat Rank
7 ---- 21
6 ---- 18
5 ---- 15
4 ---- 12
3 ----- 9
2 ----- 6
repeat the process for each of your basic stats
for in a d6 there are only six values, if you rolled 6 dice and happend no match, then the 7th die automatically match one value.
My god, I almost understood that.
Still don't see the point; it seems unduly complicated for no good
purpose (and limits you to only a fixed number of attribute points;
nobody is going to get an attribute of 13 using this system, for
But at least it isn't just random digital gibberish.
Or is it? Perhaps I have gone mad. Yes, that's more likely it. I have
Nice day for it.
for example, if one good mathematics user would print the probabilities for ranks of 2 to 7
like in 2d6 bring 6 possibilities out of 36 combos
unfortunately I quit school one year before Baccalauréat, so I didn't learn probabilities along with integrals
On 2d6 there's always a 1 in 6 chance of both dice rolling the same
number, there's really no point in doing that, you can just roll a d6, and
stop if you roll a 1 and have the exact same chance.
So there's a 16.66% chance of stopping at 1. Since the chances of each
come out of the remaining chances overall each is 1/6 of what's left, so on
the 2nd roll it's 13.88 (16.66% of the remaining 83.33%), on the third
it's 11.67% (16.66% of the remaining 69.44%).
4 = 9.64%
5 = 8.03%
6 = 6.69%
7 = 5.58%
8 = 4.65%
etc. You get below 1% at 17, and the possibilities go to infinity.
The mean is 6 - so that's what your average human would be.
I'm not really math inclined, but I like knowing probabilities. Also I
was just figuring out this same problem 2 days ago for how long it would
take to actually find a secret door with a party in 1e.
I prefer my 27-25-23 +2 Organic method.