Hello... anyone still here?
tetsubo57
2017-05-07 04:14:03 UTC
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old guard still about? Or has it finally died?
--
Tetsubo
Deviant Art: http://ironstaff.deviantart.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tetsubo57
Thomas Prufer
2017-05-07 09:49:02 UTC
Post by tetsubo57
Or has it finally died?
"Just resting"?

Thomas Prufer
Spalls Hurgenson
2017-05-07 12:57:16 UTC
Nope, nobody here but us chickens, bawk-awk!
Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
2017-05-07 17:11:48 UTC
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old guard still about? Or has it finally died?
I am the Ancient, I am the Net.
--
Sea Wasp
/^\
http://seawasp.dreamwidth.org
tetsubo57
2017-05-08 11:40:18 UTC
I imagine that you will be the last one here. The Singularity if you will.
JimP.
2017-05-08 13:57:37 UTC
On Mon, 8 May 2017 04:40:18 -0700 (PDT), tetsubo57
Post by tetsubo57
Post by Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old guard still about? Or has it finally died?
I am the Ancient, I am the Net.
I imagine that you will be the last one here. The Singularity if you will.
Sea Wasp is younger than me, but that doesn't mean which one of us
will outlast the other.

I was on BITNET before I was on Usenet.
Jim
Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
2017-05-10 11:30:41 UTC
Post by tetsubo57
Post by Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old guard still about? Or has it finally died?
I am the Ancient, I am the Net.
I imagine that you will be the last one here. The Singularity if you will.
Sea Wasp is younger than me, but that doesn't mean which one of us
will outlast the other.
I was on BITNET before I was on Usenet.
I sent my first email in 1976; sent my first post on a BBS as "Sea
Wasp" in 1977. Didn't get to Usenet until about 1989. So yeah, the Sea
Wasp himself is 40 years old this year.
--
Sea Wasp
/^\
http://seawasp.dreamwidth.org
Ubiquitous
2017-05-10 13:42:55 UTC
Post by Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
I sent my first email in 1976; sent my first post on a BBS as
"Sea Wasp" in 1977. Didn't get to Usenet until about 1989. So
yeah, the Sea Wasp himself is 40 years old this year.
Is that you, Jack Bennie?
tetsubo57
2017-05-10 20:18:59 UTC
Post by tetsubo57
Post by Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old guard still about? Or has it finally died?
I am the Ancient, I am the Net.
I imagine that you will be the last one here. The Singularity if you will.
Sea Wasp is younger than me, but that doesn't mean which one of us
will outlast the other.
I was on BITNET before I was on Usenet.
I sent my first email in 1976; sent my first post on a BBS as "Sea
Wasp" in 1977. Didn't get to Usenet until about 1989. So yeah, the Sea
Wasp himself is 40 years old this year.
I don't think I had access to a computer until the 90s. Eventually found Usenet. I was on Bitnet a few times I believe. Now I spend most of my time on YouTube.
Post by Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
--
Sea Wasp
/^\
http://seawasp.dreamwidth.org
JimP.
2017-05-10 23:17:10 UTC
Post by tetsubo57
Post by Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old guard still about? Or has it finally died?
I am the Ancient, I am the Net.
I imagine that you will be the last one here. The Singularity if you will.
Sea Wasp is younger than me, but that doesn't mean which one of us
will outlast the other.
I was on BITNET before I was on Usenet.
I sent my first email in 1976; sent my first post on a BBS as "Sea
Wasp" in 1977. Didn't get to Usenet until about 1989. So yeah, the Sea
Wasp himself is 40 years old this year.
No email in the area I used to live in until the 1980s. One phone
line, $5 per hour to connect to Compuserve. Business or university
account fopr email until around 1990. But I was referring to my
physical age, not my Usenet/email self. I'll be 70 years old this
year.
Jim
Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
2017-05-11 01:00:53 UTC
Post by tetsubo57
Post by Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old guard still about? Or has it finally died?
I am the Ancient, I am the Net.
I imagine that you will be the last one here. The Singularity if you will.
Sea Wasp is younger than me, but that doesn't mean which one of us
will outlast the other.
I was on BITNET before I was on Usenet.
I sent my first email in 1976; sent my first post on a BBS as "Sea
Wasp" in 1977. Didn't get to Usenet until about 1989. So yeah, the Sea
Wasp himself is 40 years old this year.
No email in the area I used to live in until the 1980s. One phone
line, $5 per hour to connect to Compuserve. Business or university
account fopr email until around 1990. But I was referring to my
physical age, not my Usenet/email self. I'll be 70 years old this
year.
You ARE old! Legitimately old, even! (Ever since I was a kid, I've said
that 70 was the cutoff for "old")
--
Sea Wasp
/^\
http://seawasp.dreamwidth.org
JimP.
2017-05-11 01:32:54 UTC
Post by tetsubo57
Post by Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
Post by tetsubo57
[...]
I said '30 years old' was old when I was a kid... and that 40 years
old was over the hill... my relatives were not particularly liking
that. Yeah, I'm an old geezer. Found 1E AD&D when I was in my early
30s. No gray hair back then either.

But then, I have survived Zocchi's 2 hour lecture on dice.
Jim
tetsubo57
2017-05-11 20:17:01 UTC
Post by tetsubo57
Post by Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
Post by tetsubo57
[...]
Really? Because I'm 52 and most days I feel 'old'. Of course I work in a factory and it wears people down. Watching my coworkers slowly get ground to dust is depressing.
Post by Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
--
Sea Wasp
/^\
http://seawasp.dreamwidth.org
Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
2017-05-12 00:04:18 UTC
Post by tetsubo57
Post by tetsubo57
Post by Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
Post by tetsubo57
[...]
Really, because I wasn't gonna call my dad "Old" so I figured anyone
who was OLD had to be twice his age (then), so since he was in his
mid-30s, that was 70.
--
Sea Wasp
/^\
http://seawasp.dreamwidth.org
Justisaur
2017-05-11 15:47:42 UTC
Post by tetsubo57
Post by Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old
guard still about? Or has it finally died?
I am the Ancient, I am the Net.
I imagine that you will be the last one here. The Singularity if you will.
Sea Wasp is younger than me, but that doesn't mean which one of us
will outlast the other.
I was on BITNET before I was on Usenet.
I sent my first email in 1976; sent my first post on a BBS as "Sea
Wasp" in 1977. Didn't get to Usenet until about 1989. So yeah, the Sea
Wasp himself is 40 years old this year.
I found Usenet late - 1997, I was on FIDO before that. I keep looking
for archives with my old posts on FIDO, I'd really like to find my
Death Panther race post, but never can find them. I used to post by the
name of "Dark Dealer" there. BBSs before that back with an old 300 baud
acoustic coupler (actually how I accessed FIDO too).

But I was a young whipper-snapper of 8 or 9 when I got a brand new
Holmes Basic for my birthday.

My family used to call me the 40 year old midget because I acted more
like an adult at that age, I finally caught up to it, and in a couple
years will be in the next 10's digit.

- Justisaur
d***@bin.sh
2017-05-07 19:40:27 UTC
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old
guard still about? Or has it finally died?
that's two questions, you only get one until you're higher level.
--
._n_______n_. ***@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/>
| --------- |== -----------------------------------------------------------
I"/""|"|Z7""' "Be careful... if you change some of the letters of Yuki,
lJ | | and add some more, you get Yakuza."
|_l -- Mordecai
JimP.
2017-05-07 20:35:10 UTC
Post by d***@bin.sh
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old
guard still about? Or has it finally died?
that's two questions, you only get one until you're higher level.
I'm still here and I'm okay !

Working on learning Epic Table so my assorted players, who have
scattered about, and I can get together again for 1e ad&d game play.
Jim
Anonymous Jack
2017-05-08 14:49:25 UTC
Post by JimP.
I'm still here and I'm okay !
I sleep all night and I work all day!

I cut down trees. I eat my lunch.
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shoppin'
And have buttered scones for tea.
JimP.
2017-05-09 01:02:46 UTC
On Mon, 8 May 2017 07:49:25 -0700 (PDT), Anonymous Jack
Post by Anonymous Jack
Post by JimP.
I'm still here and I'm okay !
I sleep all night and I work all day!
I cut down trees. I eat my lunch.
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shoppin'
And have buttered scones for tea.
Actually, I was hoping someone would post the rumored computer tech
version...
Jim
Ralph Glatt
Still here. Some guy named uglyvan posts some of his rules online, but other than that, it has been pretty quiet. Every now and then, I post here about the latest issue of & Magazine. (The Editor in Chief is looking for some more artwork, but it is otherwise complete.)
Anonymous Jack
2017-05-08 14:47:52 UTC
Post by Ralph Glatt
Still here. Some guy named uglyvan posts some of his rules online,
But never with any context, so nobody knows what he is trying to say. Makes for some lively discussion :)
Post by Ralph Glatt
Every now and then, I post here about the latest issue of & Magazine.
This is actually how I know a new issue is available. I know there are probably better ways, I just like doing it this way.
Anything in particular? Or just general fantasy artwork?
Ralph Glatt
I'll ask. The guy we used to have in charge of art gave up his position, but will still do art, if asked.
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
2017-05-09 18:44:27 UTC
Post by Anonymous Jack
Post by Ralph Glatt
Still here. Some guy named uglyvan posts some of his rules
online,
But never with any context, so nobody knows what he is trying to
say. Makes for some lively discussion :)
So it's the HybridRPG guy?
--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.
Justisaur
2017-05-08 18:57:41 UTC
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old guard still about? Or has it finally died?
I'm still checking in now and again, but unless you count Ugly Van it's
been very dead.

I did post my attempt at OD&D solo not long ago. I'm thinking of trying
that for 5e again now that I've got a couple online campaigns under my belt.

- Justisaur
tetsubo57
2017-05-08 20:17:39 UTC
Post by Justisaur
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old guard still about? Or has it finally died?
I'm still checking in now and again, but unless you count Ugly Van it's
been very dead.
I did post my attempt at OD&D solo not long ago. I'm thinking of trying
that for 5e again now that I've got a couple online campaigns under my belt.
- Justisaur
I haven't even been reading forums all that much lately. My RPG chat has been on YouTube almost exclusively. Still putting up an RPG video every Saturday.

uglyvan
2017-05-09 08:33:52 UTC
Post by Justisaur
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old guard still about? Or has it finally died?
I'm still checking in now and again, but unless you count Ugly Van it's
been very dead.

sorry it is Ugly Yvan and not Ugly Van :)
- Justisaur
Ubiquitous
2017-05-10 13:45:11 UTC
Post by Justisaur
I did post my attempt at OD&D solo not long ago. I'm thinking
of trying that for 5e again now that I've got a couple online
campaigns under my belt.
Go for it!
Ubiquitous
2017-05-09 10:17:44 UTC
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old
guard still about? Or has it finally died?
I haven't played D&D in years but almost played a quick 5th edition game
last week with a childhood friend I reconnected with recently. If we ever
find a way to play remotely or I visit more often, it's not going to change.

It's funny that I still have our char sheets, including one with a note about
his dick being cut off by a Mind Flayer.
Justisaur
2017-05-11 15:49:40 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old
guard still about? Or has it finally died?
I haven't played D&D in years but almost played a quick 5th edition game
last week with a childhood friend I reconnected with recently. If we ever
find a way to play remotely or I visit more often, it's not going to change.
It's funny that I still have our char sheets, including one with a note about
his dick being cut off by a Mind Flayer.
I thought Mind Flayers were interested in the other kind of head.

- Justisaur
Ubiquitous
2017-05-12 11:08:02 UTC
Post by Justisaur
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old
guard still about? Or has it finally died?
I haven't played D&D in years but almost played a quick 5th edition game
last week with a childhood friend I reconnected with recently. If we ever
find a way to play remotely or I visit more often, it's not going to change.
It's funny that I still have our char sheets, including one with a note
about his dick being cut off by a Mind Flayer.
I thought Mind Flayers were interested in the other kind of head.
Let's just say the guy DMing was being a dick.
Thomas Prufer
2017-05-13 06:47:30 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Let's just say the guy DMing was being a dick.
Or was it a cock-up?

Thomas Prufer
Loren Pechtel
2017-06-04 21:05:48 UTC
Define "old guard".
Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
2017-06-04 21:55:55 UTC
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old guard still about? Or has it finally died?
Define "old guard".
Get off my lawn!
--
Sea Wasp
/^\
http://seawasp.dreamwidth.org
JimP.
2017-06-04 22:05:30 UTC
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old guard still about? Or has it finally died?
Define "old guard".
Get off my lawn!
And stop getting into my taters ! I'm gonna make potato salad out 'em!
Jim
Loren Pechtel
2017-06-06 02:54:19 UTC
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old guard still about? Or has it finally died?
Define "old guard".
Get off my lawn!
You have me beat there. Desert landscaping, I don't have a lawn to
tell you to get off.
Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
2017-06-06 11:09:52 UTC
Post by tetsubo57
I haven't read this group since January I think. Are any of the old guard still about? Or has it finally died?
Define "old guard".
Get off my lawn!
You have me beat there. Desert landscaping, I don't have a lawn to
tell you to get off.
You can still CALL it a lawn and have the punks get off it!
--
Sea Wasp
/^\