AD&D as one single file...
Tetsubo
2016-11-25 17:27:10 UTC
I stumbled on a 5900+ page file of 2E AD&D in its entirety. I will
admit that the legality is questionable. But... I thought it might
interest some folks here. I was honestly looking for lists of the most
useful D&D/PF spells.

http://www.cj-resources.com/Storage%201/AD&D%20-2E%20-Complete%20Set%20of%2026%20Books.PDF
--
Tetsubo
Deviant Art: http://ironstaff.deviantart.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tetsubo57
Spalls Hurgenson
2016-11-26 13:54:30 UTC
Post by Tetsubo
I stumbled on a 5900+ page file of 2E AD&D in its entirety. I will
admit that the legality is questionable. But... I thought it might
interest some folks here. I was honestly looking for lists of the most
useful D&D/PF spells.
http://www.cj-resources.com/Storage%201/AD&D%20-2E%20-Complete%20Set%20of%2026%20Books.PDF
Argh. Looks like they took the text from the AD&D 2E Core Rules CD,
dumped it into a PDF and added an embarassing and sophomoric cover.
Say what you want about 2E gameplay, but the PHB and DMG were
extremely well organized and formatted, making the game far more
accessible than earlier (and, IMHO, later) editions. Were that pdf my
introduction to the system, I'd run screaming for the hills (or
Pathfinder ;-).

Myself, I'll just keep using my battered first-print editions of the
original books. ;-)
Tetsubo
2016-11-26 22:40:45 UTC
Post by Spalls Hurgenson
Post by Tetsubo
I stumbled on a 5900+ page file of 2E AD&D in its entirety. I will
admit that the legality is questionable. But... I thought it might
interest some folks here. I was honestly looking for lists of the most
useful D&D/PF spells.
http://www.cj-resources.com/Storage%201/AD&D%20-2E%20-Complete%20Set%20of%2026%20Books.PDF
Argh. Looks like they took the text from the AD&D 2E Core Rules CD,
dumped it into a PDF and added an embarrassing and sophomoric cover.
Say what you want about 2E game-play, but the PHB and DMG were
extremely well organized and formatted, making the game far more
accessible than earlier (and, IMHO, later) editions. Were that PDF my
introduction to the system, I'd run screaming for the hills (or
Pathfinder ;-).
Myself, I'll just keep using my battered first-print editions of the
original books. ;-)
I sold mine off years ago. After 3E came out I didn't need 90% of the
material any longer. I keep a few books and such but not much. I found
the idea of the whole game in one file intriguing.
d***@bin.sh
2016-11-27 04:33:13 UTC
Post by Tetsubo
I sold mine off years ago.
....aaaand now i never need to listen to anything you say ever again.

:P :D :P
--
.--._.--.
|_/---\_| ***@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/>
`--'~'--'
Spalls Hurgenson
2016-11-27 14:11:41 UTC
Post by Tetsubo
I sold mine off years ago. After 3E came out I didn't need 90% of the
material any longer. I keep a few books and such but not much. I found
the idea of the whole game in one file intriguing.
Oh, I like the idea of having the game accessible from my ipad (or
whatever); I just don't like this particular file. It is... graceless,
completely without the charm of the original volumes.

Interesting find, just not to my taste ;-)