remember my project of Ad&d 3E ?
uglyvan
2018-02-08 21:00:22 UTC
it mainly consist of 15 classes which combine 2 by 2 to create 15 multiclasses;

to produce a given class we marry 2 stats :

STR/CON ===> Barbarian
STR/DEX ===> Fighter
STR/WIS ===> Cleric
STR/INT ===> Ranger
STR/CHA ===> Paladin
CON/DEX ===>
CON/WIS ===>
CON/INT ===> Psionicist
CON/CHA ===> Druid
DEX/WIS ===> Monk
DEX/INT ===> Illusionnist
DEX/CHA ===> Thief
WIS/INT ===> Archmage
WIS/CHA ===> Ruler
INT/CHA ===> Bard

could you give it a try or is this complete bullshit ?
h***@gmail.com
2018-02-08 21:38:13 UTC
Post by uglyvan
it mainly consist of 15 classes which combine 2 by 2 to create 15 multiclasses;
STR/CON ===> Barbarian
STR/DEX ===> Fighter
STR/WIS ===> Cleric
STR/INT ===> Ranger
STR/CHA ===> Paladin
CON/DEX ===>
CON/WIS ===>
CON/INT ===> Psionicist
CON/CHA ===> Druid
DEX/WIS ===> Monk
DEX/INT ===> Illusionnist
DEX/CHA ===> Thief
WIS/INT ===> Archmage
WIS/CHA ===> Ruler
INT/CHA ===> Bard
could you give it a try or is this complete bullshit ?
It doesn't even reach the stage of complete bullshit.

You appear to be unaware of what actually makes a game.
Spalls Hurgenson
2018-02-09 14:00:03 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by uglyvan
could you give it a try or is this complete bullshit ?
It doesn't even reach the stage of complete bullshit.
You appear to be unaware of what actually makes a game.
By the subject line I thought the discussion was going to be about
Chris Perkins "AD&D 3rd Ed"
https://rpggeek.com/rpg/7738/chris-perkins-advanced-dungeons-dragons-3rd-editio
which was one of the earliest "OSR" products. Never played it but I
was hoing to hear more about it.

Alas, its just Mr "13->17= Wanker" troll
Justisaur
2018-02-09 15:14:49 UTC
Post by Spalls Hurgenson
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by uglyvan
could you give it a try or is this complete bullshit ?
It doesn't even reach the stage of complete bullshit.
You appear to be unaware of what actually makes a game.
Alas, its just Mr "13->17= Wanker" troll
He's not a troll, just so far down his own rabbit hole, no one
understands or cares about most of his posts.

This one's a nugget of an idea though.

- Justisaur
Justisaur
2018-02-09 15:13:27 UTC
Post by uglyvan
[...]
CON/DEX ===> Acrobat (as in Thief-Acrobat)
CON/WIS ===> Defender (heavy plate fighter who uses a large shield and
interposes themselves, or for old school call it Cavalier)

I really like this idea, as it avoids MAD in d20.

The real problem is that everyone can use or needs dex & con anyway,
while the other ability scores are somewhat important too, at least in d20.

- Justisaur
uglyvan
2018-02-10 14:39:30 UTC
Post by uglyvan
[...]
to me, Acrobat is like a Monk
perhaps CON/DEX could lead to Ninja ( CON for poison resistance )

:)
uglyvan
2018-02-10 15:40:43 UTC
another way to sort classes :