& Magazine
Ralph Glatt
2018-02-05 16:18:33 UTC
Good news! & Magazine has finally released its 14th issue. The main theme this time around is Animal Companions. & Magazine is geared more towards 1E AD&D, but a clever DM can convert it to any edition of D&D. Best of all, it's free!

http://www.and-mag.com/magazine-14-animal-companions-published/
Spalls Hurgenson
2018-02-06 14:27:35 UTC
On Mon, 5 Feb 2018 08:18:33 -0800 (PST), Ralph Glatt
Post by Ralph Glatt
Good news! & Magazine has finally released its 14th issue. The main theme this time around is Animal Companions. & Magazine is geared more towards 1E AD&D, but a clever DM can convert it to any edition of D&D. Best of all, it's free!
http://www.and-mag.com/magazine-14-animal-companions-published/
Yay! I'm always a fan.

I particularly like the "Political Treasures" article, since it's
something I use in my campaigns a lot. Adventures are hard on my
players' characters, and they rarely walk out of the dungeon* with
much more than their swords and armor... and sometimes not even that.
But what they do get is the gratitude and notice of Important People.

This is, of course, a double-edged sword. On the one hand, these IP
will fete and re-equip the heroes, but on the other hand, they are
also the sort who will toss the PCs into their next Dangerous
Adventure. But the rewards are usually worth it; the PCs get
followers, "get out of jail" cards**, property, influence. Huge piles
of treasure just don't compare.

(It's arguably not "political treasure" but also don't forget the
importance of renown; the players may think that having their
adventures sung by bards throughout the kingdom might not sound like
much... until they return to the tavern and don't have to pay for
their drinks ;-)

* almost never an actual dungeon
** not literal cards :-)
Ralph Glatt
2018-02-06 14:52:25 UTC
Post by Ralph Glatt
Good news! & Magazine has finally released its 14th issue. The main theme this time around is Animal Companions. & Magazine is geared more towards 1E AD&D, but a clever DM can convert it to any edition of D&D. Best of all, it's free!
http://www.and-mag.com/magazine-14-animal-companions-published/
Glad you liked this issue. We're feverishly working on the next issue and hopefully it won't take as long.