what if classes were tied to an alignment
uglyvan
2018-02-21 10:49:08 UTC

2018-02-21 13:16:51 UTC
CG <=== Ranger
LN <=== Thief
TN <=== Druid
CN <=== Rogue
LE <=== Assassin
NE <=== Wizard ( ?? )
CE <=== Fighter
:)
What if you fuck off until you actually understand what a game is?
Spalls Hurgenson
2018-02-21 14:23:33 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
What if you fuck off until you actually understand what a game is?
Killfiles are the answer.

Also not reposting that nonsense so people who /do/ have him in a
killfile don't have to see it ;-)

You know, I honestly don't know if 5E even has alignments. While
they've ever been a part of D&D, I've not used any rules to "enforce"
alignments since... well, 1st Ed (and even then, not for long).
Players are welcome to act out any alignment they want. I don't use
rules to enforce they stick to one or another, although that doesn't
mean there won't be consequences. Paladins (or clerics) who start
acting Chaotic Evil are really gonna tick off their gods, for
instance. Necromancers who completely embrace the light might have a
harder time making contact with the Forces of Evil that empower them.
Even fighters and thieves who wildly flip-flop between alignments will
probably have see this affect their relationships (who wants to deal
with someone so unpredictible?). But using things like experience or
dice-roll penalties is just too mechanical for my taste,
Justisaur
2018-02-22 05:08:49 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by uglyvan
like in
LG <=== Paladin
NG <=== Cleric ( ?? )
CG <=== Ranger
LN <=== Thief
TN <=== Druid
CN <=== Rogue
LE <=== Assassin
NE <=== Wizard ( ?? )
CE <=== Fighter
:)
What if you fuck off until you actually understand what a game is?
Let him have his fun, it's at least more on topic than learn programing
or whatever today's spam is.

This one's at least interesting to contemplate. Why tie the classes to
alignments? Although in 1e most already are, Paladin & Druid can only
be LG and TN respectively, Rangers only Good, Thieves can't be LG or CG,
Assassins only Evil, Monks only Lawful, Clerics can't be TN, or possibly
only corner alignments. Really the only unlimited classes are F, M-U & Ill.

- Justisaur
Justisaur
2018-02-22 05:00:07 UTC
Post by uglyvan
like in
LG <=== Paladin
NG <=== Cleric ( ?? )
CG <=== Ranger
LN <=== Thief
TN <=== Druid
CN <=== Rogue
LE <=== Assassin
NE <=== Wizard ( ?? )
CE <=== Fighter
I don't see thief and rogue... F is more like LN, at least the soldier
types. Wizards should definitely be CE, they like blowing stuff up and
burning things, and mental domination etc. CN sounds more like thieves
(or barbarians). I'm not sure what to put in NE... Illusionist? Or
maybe Thieves go in NE, and then you put barbarians in CN - to mirror
fighters.

LG Paladin
NG Cleric
CG Ranger
LN Fighter
TN Druid
CN Barbarian
LE Assassin
NE Thief
CE Wizard

But then I don't really like alignments and it leaves off too many tropes.

- Justisaur
uglyvan
2018-02-24 01:44:00 UTC
Post by Justisaur
Post by uglyvan
[...]
Thieves acting like spies, that's the reason why,
and yess, Barbarians would easily fit in CN ( Berserkers )