Free Sonic Adventure 2
Justisaur
2018-01-31 12:39:12 UTC
Got an extra code for one you have to register with
chuckecheese.com/peelnwin then it gives you another code for steam. I
believe this will only work in the US.

ZYFKP6XRRK66

Enjoy!

- Justisaur
Spalls Hurgenson
2018-01-31 14:11:03 UTC
Post by Justisaur
ZYFKP6XRRK66
Cool, but I think you meant to post to c.s.i.p.g.action ;-)

Now, to make this related to our favorite game:

D&D is famous for taking pop-culture monsters, filing off the serial
numbers and slipping them into the game. The most obvious are Flesh
Golems (Frankenstein's monster), and the Tarasque (Godzilla), although
if you thumb through the various monster manuals it isn't too hard to
find others (especially the Spelljammer compendiums).

So my question is: did TSR (because, let's face it, it was mostly "we
can steal from anyone else byt don't steal from us - T$R that did
this) ever create a Sonic the Hedgehog style monster? A superfast
anthropomorphic animal, possibly with spikes (quicklings don't count,
they preceded Sonic and aren't spiky to boot)?
Justisaur
2018-02-05 15:20:36 UTC
Post by Spalls Hurgenson
Post by Justisaur
ZYFKP6XRRK66
Cool, but I think you meant to post to c.s.i.p.g.action ;-)
Oops, yeah.
Post by Spalls Hurgenson
D&D is famous for taking pop-culture monsters, filing off the serial
numbers and slipping them into the game. The most obvious are Flesh
Golems (Frankenstein's monster), and the Tarasque (Godzilla), although
if you thumb through the various monster manuals it isn't too hard to
find others (especially the Spelljammer compendiums).
Tarasque I thought was Gamera.
Post by Spalls Hurgenson
So my question is: did TSR (because, let's face it, it was mostly "we
can steal from anyone else byt don't steal from us - T$R that did
this) ever create a Sonic the Hedgehog style monster? A superfast
anthropomorphic animal, possibly with spikes (quicklings don't count,
they preceded Sonic and aren't spiky to boot)?
Not that I'm aware.

- Justisaur
LL
2018-02-16 16:38:01 UTC
Post by Justisaur
Post by Spalls Hurgenson
D&D is famous for taking pop-culture monsters, filing off the serial
numbers and slipping them into the game. The most obvious are Flesh
Golems (Frankenstein's monster), and the Tarasque (Godzilla), although
if you thumb through the various monster manuals it isn't too hard to
find others (especially the Spelljammer compendiums).
Tarasque I thought was Gamera.
IIRC it's originally from a french fairy tale.
A kind of unique uber-dragon living at the river rhone.
Not stolen from japan.

LL
John Geoffrey
2018-04-18 09:40:25 UTC
Post by LL
Post by Justisaur
Post by Spalls Hurgenson
D&D is famous for taking pop-culture monsters, filing off the serial
numbers and slipping them into the game. The most obvious are Flesh
Golems (Frankenstein's monster), and the Tarasque (Godzilla), although
if you thumb through the various monster manuals it isn't too hard to
find others (especially the Spelljammer compendiums).
Tarasque I thought was Gamera.
IIRC it's originally from a french fairy tale.
A kind of unique uber-dragon living at the river rhone.
Not stolen from japan.
LL
although to be fair, it should basically be played as if it was some giant kaiju. The Tarrasque I think is more suited to being a natural disaster that just happens to be a giant monster.